Tuesday 5 January 2010

Helloooooooo


Hello well I'm Jon and I am excited to be writing my first blog for ONIZ Performance. I graduated from Bangor University last year with a First in English with Theatre Studies and I am currently undertaking an MA in Advanced Theatre Practice at the Central School of Speech and Drama. As a performer I have mostly been in text based work, however after having some lessons in Corporeal Mime I have gained a new interest in the body and it's capabilities.
As a Practitioner I am interested in creating work that uses words, music, media and movement to create innovative and exciting performances that will leave an audience breathless. Liz and I are currently working on a project that was inspired by the flooding in Cumbria in November of last year. Through research and rehearsals we have devised a short piece that we tried out at the Electric Arts Club based at The Dogstar in Brixton. We are hoping to continue to work on this project and develop it into a scratch performance for late January/early February 2010. Although Liz and I have been working on the initial ideas together we are very open for other Practitioners, Designers, Writers, Directors etc to come onboard.
We will be updating our progress and developments on this blog as both a way of documenting our work and sharing it with others. ONIZ seeks to make work that has been made with blood sweat and tears in order for it to be comic, powerful, honest and inspiring. I am excited at what the future will hold and how our ideas will be put into practice and most of all to reaching an audience that we can connect with and captivate with our work.

No comments:

Post a Comment