Friday 2 April 2010

'Pain' Video work created by Riki Kim

Photographs from the video process by Riki Kim.

Inspired by the idea of expressing pain through no verbal means. Body language, eyes, internal emotions and forces. For this video Jon and myself had our faces painted white in a traditional 'Noh' style. Then our faces, and bodies were wrapped in bandages, rope and cloth, which restricted our vocals and limited our movements.
During the process Jon and myself were tied/connected to each other, and also individually had our arms tied together.
Giving a real restriction pf being in pain and unable to move. There were times when I was stuck facing the floor with my hands tied behind my back, physically unable to move or pick myself up. Which in return inflicted an inner pain and emotion that was real, and exhausting! ha















No comments:

Post a Comment